Do you want a printable calendar in Informant for macOS? Printing has been one of the popular request for Informant for macOS and we have promised “print” would be included as part of an Informant for macOS 1.0 release. We are diving into print in a big way and figuring out exactly, what “Print” means.
[Update 9/20/17: many of the items here are now completed and in the latest 0.8.5.1 version]
In this blog post we go into a bit more detail with our thoughts, ideas, and plans. We are making some assumptions here about what is important in a “Printable Calendar feature. While there are certainly no shortage of things that could be printed, we are going to focus initially on the most wanted printable pages.
Here are some examples of possible printable views or printable pages. These are currently listed based on our priority for development, so if you think they should be in a different order, or if something else entirely should be printable please comment below.
1. List Style Agenda View: Our first step will probably be to incorporate the same print view that we have in Informant for IOS. This will be a page that shows each of your appointments listed from top to bottom.
(Agenda Print View)[9/20/17 Update: This view is now added]
2. 30 Day View. This would be a printable page that would resemble a wall calendar with horizontal boxes for each day of the week and rows for each week of the month.
[Update 9/20/17: This view is now available. To find it in the app: while on 30 day view, click File>>Print or Command+ Print. ]
3. Project Report: Print a page that shows all the tasks associated with a project.
[Update 09/20/2017: This report is now available]
4. Daily Page: The concept for this page is a single day per printable page. The page would include Tasks, Calendar, Notes, and a blank section for hand written notes.
5. Notes : “Journal Report” The idea for this printable page would allow you to select notes by a date range, by a tag, or by a notebook/project and all the notes would print in sequence. The layout would be similar to that of the list style agenda view. Ideally this would export to an editable format such as .pages or .word.
Disclaimer: It is unlikely that we will get all of these done for the 1.0 version of Informant for macOS. However, we do value your opinion and we will maintain a list of “Print features” and will prioritize this list of printable pages based on the feedback we receive here and in the feedback forums.
[Update 09/20/2017: Items 1-3 are completed and part of most recent release 0.8.5.1]
In your comments please address the following questions:
- Do you think a printable calendar is important?
- Do you agree/disagree with the print views we are planning?
- Do you agree with the sequence of priority?
- What other ideas do you have for print?
- What are we forgetting or not considering?
- Do you want to print to different sizes? (i.e. 8.5 x 11 or 5.5 x 8.5)
- What else do you think is important about print?