We are pleased to announce a new update for Informant for macOS v 1.1.
This is a free update if you have previously purchased Informant for macOS v1.
NOTE: Informant for macOS now requires macOS Sierra (10.12) or better
• NEW: Created the ability to exports Tasks to a CSV file. Simply right-click on any grouping of tasks (in the sidebar) and choose Export…
• NEW: Created the ability to exports Notes as a Text / RTF / RTFD file (simply drag a note to the Finder)
• Added option to auto-sync every 5 minutes
• You can now subscribe to our newsletter when signing into Informant Sync
IMPROVEMENTS / FIXES
• When applying a trigger that contains subtasks or checklist items, the editor now opens the subtask section
• Fixed rare issue where sometimes sync accounts would fail to authenticate
• The wrong columns were being shaded on mini-months if the first day of week was not Sunday
• Fixed issue where Informant might describe certain Apple Calendar events as repeating on the “0th Saturday” of the month
• When you turn off Apple Calendar and Reminder data, we now disable the option to show alarms for Apple Data
• Fixed crash when selecting a note in the search results sidebar
• Past All Day events were not being properly faded (in table views)
• When dismissing the event editor, the manual time zone picker could stay on screen
• Fixed several issues trying to edit Smart Filters that were doing inequality comparisons on dates
• Fixed crash related to creating a Smart Filter
• Fixed issue where you’d get unexpected results if you made an exception on the root event of a recurring series and changed the “All Day” flag
• Checklists were sometimes getting randomly re-sorted
• If you double-clicked-to-edit a calendar in the Manage Calendar settings, the Sync Account popup was not getting set correctly in the editor
• Choosing a custom time zone on an event could lead to a crash if the event was on a calendar that was already being locked to a specific time zone
• After being converted from Templates, Triggers sometimes wouldn’t automatically sync up to Informant Sync.
• Mojave: Fixed numerous issues with Drag & Drop
• Mojave: Repeatedly prompting for access to Apple Calendar and Reminders
• Mojave: Toolbar icons were too high
• Mojave: Notes icon was way too large in the editor
• Mojave: Fixed issue with section headers in the Focus View Sidebar
• Mojave: Calendar filter circles were not being drawn. This might also resolve an issue where they were intermittently not drawn in previous versions of macOS.
• Mojave: Fixed issue with Informant attempting to get authorized to use Apple Calendar Data, Location, and Contacts.
• Mojave: Search sidebar was visually messed up. Also, removed the unnecessary gridlines when showing the “no results found” message.
• Several visual & internal improvements
Has this update addressed the visual problems under dark mode?
I have just reported the display problems to the help desk and their solution was to change my Mac back into light mode. A totally ridiculous situation given the fact that Mojave has been around for some time in betas so developers could test such things and dark mode is one of the much-publicised highlights.
Thanks for the new version and bug fixes. The ability to export our tasks is nice, but I’m hoping to not want to move to another platform.
With that in mind, when can we expect new functionality? Are we ever going to get “Areas of focus”, for example? The silence surrounding future plans is deafening.
I’ve just installed v1.1.1 (previously running v1.1) and it has completely broken the App. It no longer starts, I just get presented with an Apple debug window – please fix. I am running macOS Sierra (v10.12.6). I have submitted a support request via iOS PI.
Same problem here. I cannot start the program anymore. Is there a way to get back to the previous version?
Same problem. Program does not launch. Failure to open. How do I go back to prior version.
Same here. Apple is probably tired of getting reports.
Ditto. I tried to upgrade to the most recent version of Informant for Mac and all I’m getting now is the Apple ‘report a shutdown’ screen as Informant keeps crashing. I’ve also tried downloading it directly from the website but same thing. I’m running mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Is there a way to get back to the previous version until this new version is fixed?
Yup. Same deal. Wish I had read these comments *before* installing v. 1.1.1. «SIGH»
Hi; This version does not work on my MacPro mi-2010 under MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6. It crahes at each attempt to use it… please fix that bug asap.
Same problems. I updated this morning and app is crashing. Not starting any longer. My mac OS version is High Sierra 10.13.6.
Please urgently fix
Same here! Program no longer works. High Sierra please fix this!
I’m also unable to run Informant for MacOS since the upgrade (running Sierra, 10.12.6). The app consistently crashes with:
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: exc handler 
Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: -[PIApplication setAppearance:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance [etc.]
I’ll be happy to supply more information as requested.
I just realized this post was in pending status. I am assuming we fixed this issue. If not, please contact support (on this site).
I am experiencing the same problem after updating to the most recent version of Informant for Mac this morning. The app does not open anymore; instead, I get a system dialog box that says “Informant quit unexpectedly” every time I attempt to open Informant. Restarting my Mac has not solved the problem.
Issue should be fixed now right?
Have used informant for years on my iPhone and iPad and this situation seems to be the norm regarding their updates. One step forward two steps backwards. Lets hope its a quick fix and they send out a corrected update without issues.
Fixed (it seems) with v. 1.1.2. Thank you.
Yes, it works for me as well. Many thanks.
When will you update to support Dark Mode in Mojave? I’m really disappointed that you haven’t done this, yet. With your pay structure for your app (not a one-time deal) I would expect that you have dedicated developers that can deliver solutions much faster than you guys currently do. Fantastical is a one-time paid app and they came out with Mojave support months ago. I mean, we’re talking COLORS here. It shouldn’t be that difficult. I’m on a software delivery team and we push updates to PROD weekly. I’m sure you guys can, and should, do better.
Informant for macOS IS still a One-time purchase.
Informant Sync and Informant for iOS are a subscription.
Although, Yes we would like to move faster on Dark mode on Mojave too. We simply prioritize the tasks & work through them as fast as we can.