[Blog Update Dec 8, 2016: 6pm Central time. 5.01 will be available for download from iTunes by 8am Friday Dec 9 2016]
Informant 5 for iOS hit the app store on November 30th, 2016. As of Dec 5 we have identified the following fixes to be released as part of 5.01 which will be submitted to apple in next 48 hours and should be available in iTunes by end of this week.
Fixes that are in Informant 5.01 for iOS
STABILITY / GENERAL
• Fixed crash in the event editor if you had a conflicting event
• Fixed crash in the Time Zone picker
• Fixed crash when changing the recurrence rule of an existing recurring event on iPad
• Tapping the Tips / Help section did nothing. Fixed.
• Deleting all completed tasks now works as expected
• Deleting a tag on iPad would appear to freeze
• If you had a default sync account for notes and you recorded a new voice note, immediately after saving, the note row would show the “file is missing” error. This is fixed – and as part of the first launch of 5.01, it will automatically “re-attach” the voice notes you made in 5.0.
• Event/Task Photo attachments would fail to attach if the event/task was being synced
• Moving local event/task/note with an attachment to a sync account would fail to move the actual attachment to the sync account
• You couldn’t set the year when setting an end date on a recurrence rule
• If you made an exception on a repeating event in the Focus view, it would disappear (until you forced the view to refresh)
• In specific/rare cases, you might not see an occurrence of a repeating event on certain calendar views
• Recurring event exceptions might sometimes appear duplicated. This was cosmetic only – it wasn’t actually duplicated in the database.
• Fixed issue where duplicating a checklist would create a task with sub tasks instead of a checklist
• The parent task disclosure triangle properly converts to a completion button when you complete the last sub task
As of this post, here are a few other things we are trying to get in also. We may only get 1-2 of them before submitting to Apple.
• Some users upgrading from PI 4 are reporting crashes at startup
• Triggers seem to not always save the properties that you are setting in them
• Search gets into a bad state if there’s a data update while the search results are showing.
While 5.01 has mainly been about “fixing bugs” We also have already started a list of items for a 5.02 release and beyond where we will deal with other issues that fall into the category of enhancements changes.
Keith on December 2, 2016 at 4:48 pm
There is a 5.01 that is coming in just a few days. It has been uploaded to apple and beta group has access.
So folks, which is it? BEEN UPLOADED TO APPLE as of December 2, at 4:48 pm…or will be submitted in the next 48 hours as of 5 December???
WOW… You demand our trust?
The 5.01 update has been uploaded to apple. It is currently available to the “beta” group or what apple calls “Internal/External” testing. It will get released to the app store as soon as Chris feels it is ok to do so. He told me he expected that to be within 48 hours. (That was yesterday) and it should be live to customers by mid to end of this week. (Depending on how long the apple review process takes).
For anyone who doesn’t know…when a developer submits a release candidate to Apple, they review it before anyone can download it. Sometimes this takes 24 hours, and sometimes it takes 2 weeks. When we submitted the 5.0 version to them it took 8 days to get approved. We believe that this 5.1 review will get through in 2-3 days, but we have no control over that.
I downloaded the update this morning, unfortunately I’m still crashing when completing a task and triggers still aren’t working properly (I did open a support ticket). I tried to stick it out, but I’m going to have to go back to PI4 for now. I’ll definitely check it out again after the next update, I still have hope, but I need the stability and consistency of the previous version to be productive.
I’ll be anxiously awaiting the next update, I appreciate how much work this has been for you guys, but for now it’s back to PI4.
I’m absolutely just as disappointed as you are to hear that. What kind of device are you on?
(I tried to look up your case based on the email address you used to post this but I did not see one. I’m assuming you might have a different email you used to submit. It might be helpful to list your device here incase anyone else is having similar issue.
What issue are you having with triggers? Is it related to All Day appts, or Tags? if so fixes are coming for that.
P.S. I do know that we are working on a 5.02 and it will be pushed to apple soon (within 7ish days).
I have an iPhone 6, ticket entered via the support conversation link in the app (and I assume the same email address applies, the email I use on this forum is the same email as my Informant Sync account).
The problem with triggers is that I can’t assign an icon to a new trigger or change an icon in an already existing trigger, when I click on it part of the screen goes gray but there are no options for me to choose. The bigger problem is the crashing though, I complete too many tasks during the day to have the app crash each time I do it.
Also, the app keeps opening to the week view, even though I rarely use the week view and haven’t used it since I upgraded this morning. I’ve been in the focus or task views all day, but whenever it crashed and I re-open it it’s opening to the week view.
Thanks for the 5.01. I’ve noted some unusual UI issues:
1. In dark mode, in task mode, fields are difficult to read (iPhone) and unreadable (iPad)
2. In ipad, notification window, PI 5 text is on top of one another. So, unreadable.
3. Intermittently, in stacked week mode, year displays as 4000. Turning iPad off fixes this.
Items 1 and 2 were sent into support. Item 3 is intermittent so not sent in
Reviews on the App Store appear to reflect comments on this forum. The overall rating has dropped to 2 stars with 12 users providing input.
Would if it have been more appropriate to more widely beta test, to make sure that the major bugs had been squashed, instead of hastily submitting a buggy update?
So I have installed 5.01 and it still doesn’t fix the Exchange issues that I reported on the first day. So unfortunately one of the highlighted “new features”, I won’t get into the discussion about the changes, still doesn’t work with Office 365 (Exchange) 🙁 Hope this will be resolved soon.
Also, has anyone else noticed every time you go to contacts you have to choose All Contacts if you are restarting the app, and for some reason the alphabetical sorting of mine is completely messed up, mine are sorted as # A T B P C D R and so on, anyone else seeing either of these issues?