To sync with Outlook you have a couple options. Here they are in order of our recommendation:
This option is recommended if you do have an Exchange Server or Outlook 365 Account.
Sync Outlook/Exchange/365 Directly to the native Apple Calendar on your device and configure Informant to manage your Apple Calendar data.
- Set up Apple Calendar to sync with Exchange: From iPhone/iPad Home screen, open the “Settings” app, then tap Calendar, then Accounts. Configure your Exchange or Outlook 365 account. (If you have already set up this account on your iOS device you can skip this step)
- Manage Apple Calendar data in Informant: Go to Informant Settings -> Accounts. Enable Access to the Events/Reminders from Calendar App and/or Reminders app.
Troubleshooting Tip: Still not seeing the events in Informant?
- Make sure you’re Exchange calendars are selected in “iOS Calendars to Show”
- Go to Informant Settings –> Calendars, Triggers and More -> iOS Calendars to Use.
- Make sure the desired calendar(s) are enabled with a check mark next to the calendar name.
This option is recommended if you DO NOT have an Exchange server or Outlook 365 account.
You can sync via a 3rd party Windows app named gSyncIt. You’ll want to set up Informant so that it syncs with either Informant Sync or Google. Then you can configure gSyncIt to sync Outlook with either Informant Sync or Google. Google is a convenient option if the calendar data you want to sync is already part of Google Calendar, however, if you are not syncing your calendar data with Google, we recommend using Informant Sync since that provides a more “complete” sync between iOS devices (it handles various Informant features that Google does not support).
NOTE: gSyncIt is a 3rd party product that is a separate purchase for your Windows machine and it is fully supported by Fieldston Software. You can learn more about that product here: http://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit4/
Option A. Using Informant Sync
- Sync between Informant and Informant Sync: If you haven’t set it up yet, Go to Informant Settings -> Accounts and select Add Sync Service and choose Informant Sync. If you haven’t created an Informant Sync account yet, you will have the option to do so now. Informant Sync is included as part of your Informant 5 “Connect Bundle” subscription. If you are not yet subscribing, you will be able to set up a free trial, after which, you have the option to subscribe monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Install and set up gSyncIt: You will need to purchase and install gSyncIt for your Windows machine (see link above). Follow the instructions to set up Outlook to sync with your Informant Sync account. If you need assistance with this step, please contact Fieldston Software.
Option B. Using Google Calendar
- Sync between Informant and Google Calendar: If you haven’t set it up yet, Go to Informant Settings -> Accounts and select Add Sync Service and choose Google Calendar. Log in, then tap “Begin Sync”.
- Install and set up gSyncIt: You will need to purchase and install gSyncIt for your Windows machine (see link above). Follow the instructions to set up Outlook to sync with your Google Calendar. If you need assistance with this step, please contact Fieldston Software.